Sunday, August 17, 2014

Welcome

If you were at the parent orientation, you know that I was dumbfounded about the website. However, I found out I was not crazy because I wasn't linked up yet!  So until everything is squared away, I will only be able to make my updates here.

The homework tab will be updated weekly with the homework assignments.  There is also (waiting for it to upload) a video about how the homework notebooks work for Science and Social Studies.

The other tabs I will add to as I have the time and information.  I am new to Cedar Ridge this year.  Although this is my 5th year of teaching and third time in 5th grade science and social studies.  I'm getting adjusted to the differences, so if I don't know an answer I will find out and get back to you!

I hope that you're excited about Science and Social Studies this year!  I absolutely LOOVVEE teaching it! Last week we took a pre-test in science and social studies, so this week we're ready to dive into our curriculum.

We will be starting with Bill of Rights in Social Studies and this week we are finishing up science tools and Chapter 1 Vocabulary along with the Scientific method.  Next week we will start our cells units!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.  Email is definitely the quickest!  amber.lazenby@ccboe.net

Thanks and I look forward to a great school year!

No comments: